Read what our unbiased experts say about top Kettlebells.

J Fit 50-Pound Cast Iron Kettlebell

| Thursday, January 7, 2010
J Fit 50-Pound Cast Iron Kettlebell

J Fit 50-Pound Cast Iron Kettlebell Information



Product Reviews Post Time
Jan 07, 2010 20:38:21


Average Product Rating
4.0 of 5.0


Product Availability
Usually ships in 2-3 business days


Offer Price

Check Save Price!




J Fit 50-Pound Cast Iron Kettlebell Reviews By Customers

Caveat: JFit kettlebells the first and only kettlebells I've owned, but they are not the first that I've used.

Pros:
1. The handles are wide enough for both hands (mine are of medium size), which makes it more effective for use in the basic two-hand kettlebell swing. In general, I really like the size and shape of the handles, but you should know that the thickness of the handle varies according to the overall weight of the kbell. The 50lbs handle is significantly, though not awkwardly, thicker than that of the 30lbs handle.

2. The flattened sides make crush presses (pushup position) more stable. That could be a "con" for purists, I suppose.

3. The painted finish is smooth, but not slick. This promotes confident use due to good grip. Some KBs I've used were almost gritty, like fine sandpaper, but such is not the case here.

4. Just as iron should be, my JFit KBs are solid. I've dropped/thrown them several times and they show no sign of damage. I workout in my garage normally, but I always go outside if I'm going to practice something that may put a bell on the ground. These bells likely won't ever hit concrete, so understand that their sturdiness could have limits. I don't know who would win in a battle of the KB and my garage's concrete floor, but I'd guess the KB.

Cons:

1. The biggest issue I have with these bells is their undersides. The flattened bottoms of all three of my JFit KBs are not completely flat. I would very much like to use them for pushups and renegade rows, but the lack of a truly flat bottom means they are too unstable to be safely used in this manner. This is the reason for the 4 stars. I am somewhat disappointed because it indicates a lack of craftsmanship. The bottoms are somewhat lumpy and are given to wobbling under load. It seems to me that it would have been easy to grind the bottom to true-flat.

2. This doesn't impact performance unless the user is planning to compete in KB competitions, but I wish these bells were available in the standard increments - every four kilograms. It's not that I wish for metric measurements on the bells, though I wouldn't mind either, but I would appreciate being able to pick up a KB from another manufacturer and not have to deal with weight differences. JFit's KB sizes are 30lbs, 40lbs and 50lbs, whereas the classic weights for KBs in the same range are 26lbs, 35lbs, 44lbs and 53lbs. It's not a problem, per se, because J Fit is simply westernizing the increments. It would just be nice to train with the same weight.

Overall, I love my new KBs. For the price difference, it's a no-brainer. I paid 0 (free super-saver shipping) for my 3 KBs. I would've had to pay 0 + shipping (outrageous shipping - 0+) at most other outlets.

Thank you J Fit for a good product at a GREAT price!!!
Check Save Price!






Are You Looking for ?


0 comments:

Post a Comment